Hendry County EMS offers the American Heart Association's HeartSaver CPR, AED and HeartSaver First Aid. Due to the high demand of these courses, courses must be scheduled approximately 14 days in advance. AHA recommends purchasing textbooks prior to taking the course. Books are included in the price of the course.
Heartsaver First Aid
The Heartsaver First Aid instruction is designed for the lay rescuer and covers how to manage illness and injuries in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. The course includes the three required modules (General Principles, Medical Emergencies, and Injury Emergencies).
• $25/per person
• Card for American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Program
Heartsaver CPR & AED
The Heartsaver AED instruction is designed for the lay rescuer and covers information about CPR, automated external defibrillation, barrier devices, and first aid for choking. It teaches how to recognize the signs of major emergencies: cardiac arrest, stroke, and foreign-body airway obstruction. This class runs 3-4 hours.
• $35/per person
• Card for American Heart Association Heartsaver AED Program
Healthcare Provider (BLS Provider)
The Healthcare Provider (BLS Provider) is designed for the rescuer who will be working in the Health care Field (i.e: cna, nurse, paramedic, EMT, firefighter, law enforcement) and covers information on CPR, AED, & choking for Adult, child, and infant.
- $35/per person
- Card for American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
About Hendry County EMS Public Education
Courses must be scheduled approximately 14 days in advance.
· American Heart Association Curriculum. · Certified Instructors with up-to-date certifications .
· 4-6:1 Student-Instructor ratios.
· Checks should be made payable to Hendry County EMS.
· Training will be conducted at our training room at 1050 Forestry Division Road, LaBelle. Unless prior arrangements are made to be held at your location.