Many products we use in and around our home and discard with our trash are similar to regulated hazardous waste produced by business and industry. Products that are corrosive, such as acids and alkalis, are flammable, reactive or toxic and are found in homes, garages, and workshops or used in gardens. Some examples are:
* Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides & Insecticides
* Batteries, all types
* Liquid Paint & Thinners
* Furniture Strippers, Finishers, Polishes & Waxes
* Motor Oil, Brake & Transmission Fluid, Gasoline & Antifreeze
* Solvents & Degreasers
* Nail Polish & Remover
* Oven & Drain Cleaners
* Metal Polish & Rust Removers
* Mildew Removers
* Swimming Pool Chemicals
* Cleansers: Upholstery/All Purpose, etc.
* Fluorescent Tubes (Containing Mercury)
* Thermometers (Containing Mercury)
* Wood Preservatives
Attention Hendry County Residents!! Televisions can now be placed "curbside" on your regularly scheduled garbage collection days!!
These items may be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers on the following days:
LaBelle - 1360 Forestry Division Road
7:30 am - 12:30 pm / 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
7:30 am - 12:30 pm
1st Saturday of each month: 8:00 am -12:00 pm
Clewiston - 1381 Evercane Road
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
1st Saturday of each month: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
No waste may be dropped off unless a HHW attendant is present.
Toxic Waste Round Ups are held annually. Assistance for businesses is available.
Call 863-5252 or 863-673-0508 for an appointment or for additional information.