The Mission of Hendry County Emergency Management is to Plan and Coordinate Actions to Prepare, Respond, Mitigate, and Recover from natural or man-made disasters.
This agency is charged with the development and maintenance of a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, the purpose of which is to:
- Reduce the vulnerability of people and communities of Hendry County to loss of life, injury or damage and loss of property resulting from natural, technological or man-made emergencies such as acts of terrorism or major special events, catastrophes or hostile military or paramilitary action;
- Prepare prompt and efficient response and recovery activities to protect lives and property affected by emergencies;
- Respond to emergencies using all systems, applicable laws, plans and resources necessary to preserve the health , safety and welfare of persons affected by the emergency;
- Recover from emergencies by providing for the rapid and orderly implementation of restoration and rehabilitation programs for persons and property affected by emergencies;
- Assist in anticipation, recognition, appraisal, prevention and mitigation of emergencies that may be cause or aggravated by inadequate planning for, and regulation of, public and private facilities and land use;
- Establish the concepts under which the Hendry County Government will operate in response to disasters through integration; define the responsibilities of elected and appointed local government officials and department heads.
- Define the emergency roles and functions of city and county departments and agencies;
- Provide local guidelines based upon the Rule of Law as it pertains to disaster response;
- Provide and coordinate appropriate and available mutual aid response to other disaster-impacted jurisdictions, if requested through the State Emergency Operations Center, in accordance with the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
Emergency Management Director
4425 West State Road 80
Post Office Box 2340
LaBelle, Florida 33975