The mission of Hendry County Emergency Management is to plan and coordinate actions to prepare, respond, mitigate, and recover from natural or man-made disasters.
This agency is charged with the development and maintenance of a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, the purpose of which is to:
- Reduce the vulnerability of people and communities of Hendry County to loss of life, injury or damage and loss of property resulting from natural, technological or man-made emergencies such as acts of terrorism or major special events, catastrophes or hostile military or paramilitary action;
- Prepare prompt and efficient response and recovery activities to protect lives and property affected by emergencies;
- Respond to emergencies using all systems, applicable laws, plans and resources necessary to preserve the health , safety and welfare of persons affected by the emergency;
- Recover from emergencies by providing for the rapid and orderly implementation of restoration and rehabilitation programs for persons and property affected by emergencies;
- Assist in anticipation, recognition, appraisal, prevention and mitigation of emergencies that may be cause or aggravated by inadequate planning for, and regulation of, public and private facilities and land use;
- Establish the concepts under which the Hendry County Government will operate in response to disasters through integration; define the responsibilities of elected and appointed local government officials and department heads.
- Define the emergency roles and functions of city and county departments and agencies;
- Provide local guidelines based upon the Rule of Law as it pertains to disaster response;
- Provide and coordinate appropriate and available mutual aid response to other disaster-impacted jurisdictions, if requested through the State Emergency Operations Center, in accordance with the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
Emergency Management Director
4425 West State Road 80
LaBelle, Florida 33935