VA home loan guaranties are issued to help eligible Servicemembers, Veterans, Reservists, National Guard and certain unmarried surviving spouses obtain homes, condominiums, and manufactured homes, and to refinance loans. For additional information or to obtain VA loan guaranty forms, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/.
Loan Uses: A VA guaranty helps protect lenders from loss if the borrower fails to repay the loan. It can be used to obtain a loan to:
- Buy or build a home.
- Buy a residential condominium unit.
- Repair, alter, or improve a residence owned by the Veteran and occupied as a home.
- Refinance an existing home loan.
- Buy a manufactured home and/or lot.
- Install a solar heating or cooling system or other energy efficient improvements.
Eligibility: In addition to the periods of eligibility and conditions of service requirements, applicants must have a good credit rating, sufficient income, a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE), and agree to live in the property in order to be approved by a lender for a VA home loan.
Want to know more? Go To: Home Loan Guaranty